26 clock hours / Four Days – 2 Months
This Trauma-Informed Practitioner Certificate is designed for mental health professionals and advanced graduate students who wish to become proficient in providing effective, trauma-informed clinical skills. These skills are designed to help clients who have been exposed to both event trauma and relational/developmental trauma.
The training program includes foundational information in:
- the relevant research that provides evidence for the causes of psychopathology and trauma-based interventions,
- attachment theory,
- an attachment-based model of psychotherapy,
- systemic trauma theory,
- the long-term impact of trauma and loss on physical and mental health,
- the correlation between trauma and addictions,
- trauma-informed care vs. trauma-specific treatment
- evidence-based trauma processing and sensory treatment approaches,
- the role of the therapeutic relationship in healing traumas,
- counter-transference issues,
- self-care skills for counselors/therapists exposed to vicarious trauma,
- identifying and assessing traumatized individuals,
- helping clients learn emotional self-regulation skills, and
- preparing clients to cope effectively with future challenges.
This training program includes multi-media lectures, online learning modules, demonstrations, experiential learning, in-class practice reading assignments, and a proficiency exam. The training helps participants increase their personal skills in self-reflection, self-correction, self-directedness, self-authorizing and self-authoring. Participants are always in charge of what they disclose. The experiential components of the program, however, may involve identifying personal issues that could interfere with their effectiveness as practitioners.
Participants Will Learn:
- To identify their personal attachment style and associated developmental traumas.
- To identify the impact of their adverse childhood experiences on their personal and professional functioning.
- Proficiency in understanding the developmental sources of physical and mental health issues in children and adults.
- Proficiency in building healthy, ethical and effective client-therapist relationships based on an attachment/trauma model of psychotherapy.
- Proficiency in assessing clients who are experiencing states of developmental stress, trauma and shock and to use ethical, evidence-based trauma-informed clinical interventions.
- Proficiency in identifying the correlations between relational trauma and addictions and the use of ethical, evidence-based trauma-informed clinical interventions.
- Proficiency in identifying and addressing their own trauma-based counter-transference issues that might affect the client-therapist relationship.
- Proficiency in teaching clients in how to self-regulate their emotions and practice mindful self-care.
- To utilize ongoing supervision to support and enhance a trauma-informed clinical practice.
- How to help their clients become trauma-informed.
- How to integrate trauma-informed psychotherapy practices with the new DSM-V.
TRAINERS: Barry K. Weinhold, PhD Licensed Psychologist & Janae B. Weinhold, PhD LPC
AUDIENCE: Registered Psychotherapists, Licensed Professional Counselor Candidates, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage & Family Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, 2nd year Mental Health Graduate Students, chiropractors, bodyworkers and physicians.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT INFORMATION:
This course is designed to qualify towards professional development requirements. You will receive a Certificate of Proficiency at the end of the program indicating 26 contact hours. Licensed Professional Counselors will also receive an NBCC accredited Certificate of Attendance for 26 contact hours.
ENROLLMENT MAXIMUM: 12 participants
TRAINING SCHEDULE: Fall 2017 cohort dates: September 15 – 16 | October 7 | October 28
TIMES: 9 am – 5 pm each day
COST: $500 (Includes lunches & textbooks)
LOCATION: 4820 Topaz Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80918 (central location near Academy – Austin Bluffs Pkwy. intersection)
DEPOSIT $100: Balance payable at three course meetings. Click Pay Now below to submit your deposit.
PLEASE COMPLETE OUR our 4-day TIC-personal_data_form when you register and and return to Janae at the email address below.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call (719) 445-0565 | firstname.lastname@example.org