13 clock hours (2 days/2 months)
Prerequisite: Trauma-Informed Practitioner Certificate
This Trauma-Informed Trainer Certificate is designed for non-mental health professionals seeking proficiency in presenting effective, ethical and trauma-informed healthcare practices to other professionals.
Participants Will Learn:
- Advanced skill training in trauma-informed care
- Advanced skills in managing the game-changing aspects of training others in trauma-informed care
- Basic skills in constructivistic learning and training
- Effective strategies for managing personal reactions while conducting TIC trainings
- Effective strategies for managing group reactions while conducting TIC trainings
- Proficiency in presenting TIC information to groups
- Adapting and translating TIC materials to different audiences
PREREQUISITE: Trauma-Informed Care Professional Certificate
CERTIFICATION INFORMATION: Participants will receive a Professional Certificate of Proficiency at the end of the program indicating 13 contact hours.
ENROLLMENT MAXIMUM: 12 participants
TRAINING DATES: Saturday, April 8 & Saturday, May 6, 2017.
Price: $200.00 (Includes all class materials and two onsite lunches)
LOCATION: 4820 Topaz Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80918 (central location near Academy – Austin Bluffs Pkwy. intersection)